CSP Promise Scholars are eligible for annual renewal of their scholarships as they work toward completion of their undergraduate degree of program of study, up to a maximum lifetime cap of $9.000. The deadline for renewals is MARCH 1st.
To renew your scholarship for another year, you MUST provide the following three items by MARCH 1st:
- A complete transcript of all your grades from the beginning of your college study through the most recent grade report received as of the renewal deadline. You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to qualify for a renewal of your scholarship. An unofficial copy or screenshot from your online student account is fine.
- A personal statement (MINIMUM 300 words) outlining your progress in school so far and describing your goals, achievements, and extracurricular activities. Tell us about any personal, academic, or financial challenges you’ve faced over the past year, and describe how you’ve taken advantage of the academic, social, or health resources available to you at your school. Please tell us what the scholarship has meant to you and to your family. You may add anything you believe will help us evaluate your renewal application. You should submit a new personal statement each time you apply for renewal. Please note that we may use excerpts of your statement in our newsletters or other publicity. Be sure to put your name on this statement.
- A financial statement estimating your expected costs for attending school for the next academic year, as well as your anticipated income. You should submit a new financial statement each time you apply for renewal. This is a Google Form that is easy to fill out!
Once you have received official notification of your renewal award, you must do the following before your check goes out in the mail to your school:
- Confirm the college you will be attending for the upcoming academic year
- Confirm your student ID number
- Provide a copy or screenshot of your tuition invoice for the upcoming academic semester or year
- Update your contact information using this GOOGLE FORM!
Remember: CSP scholarships consist of one payment per year. It is up to you to work out with your college how your scholarship should be applied—whether entirely to one semester, or split between semesters.
It is your responsibility to file these renewal materials on time. Electronic submission of documents is preferred and recommended. Please be sure your name appears on all materials submitted on your behalf. The CSP Board reserves the right to deny scholarship renewal to any student whose renewal submission is late and/or incomplete.
Email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail documents to: Charlottesville Scholarship Program P.O. Box 1221 Charlottesville VA 22902